Explore these SAP Business One Sections
- What is SAP Business One?
- SAP: A Partner You Can Trust
- Integrates with Everything You Need
- Industry Solutions
- Powered by SAP HANA
- Customer Success Stories
- Ideal for Subsidiaries, Too
- Implementation & System Support
- Ready for Business Transformation?
What is SAP Business One Software?
SAP Business One is an affordable, easy-to-use enterprise resource planning system (ERP) specifically designed for small to mid-market businesses by the world’s largest ERP maker, SAP. It is an ERP solution built from the ground up for small businesses, not a scaled-down version of enterprise SAP solutions.
From financials and inventory to customer relationship management and human resources, SAP Business One integrates all major aspects of your business for end-to-end visibility, added efficiency, and improved operational control. By serving as the nerve center for your business, with all data flowing into a single, centralized system, SAP Business One enables real-time data access for faster, complete, more nimble decision-making.
Complete and Customizable
SAP Business One serves as an integrated solution that comes with all you need to run your business out of the box. It brings complete visibility and control over every aspect of your organization, and it captures critical business information for immediate, real-time access company-wide.
Unlike spreadsheets or standalone business software, SAP Business One brings together all areas of your business for faster, more complete data access and control.
At the same time, SAP Business One is highly customizable. You get the exact functionality and processes you need for your business without compromises.
Total Financial Control
With a complete set of tools for managing and streamlining your financial operations, including analytics, SAP Business One gives you total visibility and control over your company’s financial picture.
Automation also improves accounting tasks such as tax calculations, maintenance of ledger and journal entries, and multi-currency transactions.
Purchasing Optimization for Better Margins
A systematic approach for procurement helps drive profitability and avoid supply chain disruption. SAP Business One supports the complete order-to-pay cycle from requesting vendor quotes and creating purchase requests to handling receipts, invoices, returns, and supplier payments.
Reporting tools built into the system help your business easily compare suppliers based on price, quality, and other factors such as shipping times, which helps with spotting cost savings and strengthening your supply chain.
Transparent Inventory and Distribution
Track and manage both inventory and distribution with complete visibility using SAP for small businesses.
SAP Business One provides real-time access to stock levels, inventory updates, and availability checks. Inventory can be valued using costing, moving average, FIFO, or other methods.
Inbound and outbound shipments, including transfers and item location, can be monitored in real-time. Standard and special pricing can be managed and applied by volume, cash, or customer discounts, and automated reports can show their impact.
Powerful Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Reporting
Make better business decisions with analytics and reporting tools that aggregate your operational data and highlight opportunities for additional growth.
Automated report generation and real-time analytics help you make sense of your data, and SAP Business One includes a fully integrated version of SAP Crystal Reports for gathering data from multiple sources.
Easy Integration and Extendibility
Customize your ERP system for your particular business and industry needs. SAP Business One comes with all you need out of the box, but it also was designed for easy integration with best-of-breed and industry-specific solutions from other software providers.
With more than 250 integration points and a robust software development kit for customized code, SAP Business One both works as a complete system and also can be adapted for your specific requirements.
Empower employees to make faster, more informed decisions by capturing data company-wide and making it available in real-time. With SAP Business One, you can capture all sales, customer, operations, and financial information and make it accessible to employees on an as-needed basis.
By having all your business data in a centralized system instead of disconnected spreadsheets, you also can cut down on data entry and unnecessary employee costs.
Multiple Deployment Options
Choose a cloud deployment or host the software on your own servers. SAP Business One is available both as a cloud service and as an on-premises small business ERP solution.
When you choose SAP Business One as a cloud service, you also get the security, reliability, and peace of mind from knowing it is run on an industry-leading cloud provider, Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Back to Top ^
SAP: A Business Partner You Could Trust
ERP powers your entire business, so you need a software provider you can trust both now and as your company grows.
As the world’s largest maker of ERP solutions and the 12th largest technology company in the world, SAP powers more than 404,000 businesses across 180 different countries. These include large multinationals such as BP, Coca-Cola, and 3M, but also small and mid-market firms such as audio electronics maker, Skullcandy, and medical device manufacturer, CeloNova BioSciences. An estimated 77 percent of all global transactions come in contact with SAP software.
Nine out of the 10 largest U.S. corporations use SAP, as do a third of all Fortune 500 companies. But so do SMBs, which make up 80 percent of SAP’s customer base.
SAP is the market leader for ERP software, but it also is one of its pioneers. Started in 1971 by five German engineers who worked for IBM, SAP was an early developer of integrated accounting solutions (SAP stands for Systemanalyse und Programmenentwicklung, which is “systems analysis and program development” in German). As the industry grew and expanded, so did SAP’s market-leading integrated business systems, eventually encompassing financials, human resources, materials resource planning, operations, logistics, and eCommerce, among other key business functions.
What Is SAP For Small Businesses?
An enterprise IT leader by the 1990s, SAP expanded into the SMB market in 2001 when it acquired Israeli company, TopManage, which developed small business software. This became SAP Business One in 2003. Eleven significant version releases later, SAP Business One is a robust, refined ERP system built for the needs of SMBs but inspired by the advances and best practices of SAP’s enterprise solutions.
Only SAP Business One has:
||Countries where SAP Business One is Used
- On-premise or cloud deployment options
- SAP HANA or Microsoft SQL Server database options
- 250+ Integrations and add-ons
ERP for the Cloud
Fully move your business to the cloud. With SAP Business One Cloud, all your key business processes go cloud-native, including financials, sales, inventory, production, and logistics. This gives you complete real-time access to your company’s data from any location at any time. It also cuts down on deployment time, reduces costs, increases scalability, boosts security, and eliminates the need for costly hardware and software maintenance.
Spend less time maintaining your IT systems and more time running your business.
Reliability and security matter, so SAP Business One Cloud runs on the industry-leading cloud platform that powers much of the web, Amazon Web Services (AWS).
When you choose SAP Business One Cloud, you automatically upgrade the data security of your business by taking advantage of the world-class data protection built into the AWS cloud. AWS uses state-of-the-art data security and loss prevention technology trusted by governments and businesses worldwide, including agencies that require security strong enough for top secret clearance. AWS infrastructure also is 20 times more reliable than typical commodity disk drives, ensuring that all your business data stays safe from hardware and software malfunctions.
- Full visibility and control
- High-speed performance and flawless security
- Data encryption and regular backups
- Regulatory compliance ready
Reduce IT costs with SAP Business One Cloud by reducing implementation time and eliminating hardware and software maintenance. You also transform a large capital expense into a small ongoing operating expense.
- Reduce IT dependence
- No downtime or data loss
- End hardware and software refresh cycles
Expand access to your data and business processes by making it accessible from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection. With SAP Business One Cloud, distributed teams, field service, traveling employees and remote offices all can access the data they need when they need it.
- Access anywhere, on any device (PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux)
- Field service access and data input
- Reduced risk of data theft or loss
Only use the resources your business needs, and easily scale as you grow. Whether scaling for seasonal demand or because of long-term business growth, SAP Business One Cloud makes it easy to add or remove users and adjust your computing needs as you go.
- Seamlessly expand your system as your business grows
- Automatically scale users up or down according to your needs
- Pay for just the resources you use
Improve business agility with real-time data access and an IT systems backbone that easily connects with cloud services, can be reconfigured easily, always runs the latest technology, and requires no maintenance. SAP Business One Cloud makes your company more nimble.
- Complete real-time data access
- Easy connectivity with other cloud services
- Optimized remote infrastructure with fast system performance
- Easy deployment and configuration
- Always current feature set
Back to Top^
Integrates with Everything You Need from Your Small Business ERP
Companies do not exist in a bubble, and neither do their business systems. Through Navigator’s exclusive, cloud-based integration platform, SAP Business One automates vital business processes and eliminates manual data entry by bi-directionally sharing data with leading eCommerce platforms, EDI-based trading partner systems and other leading applications. This makes SAP Business One the hub for all of your data, even when the data comes from other systems.
Navigator and our partners support click integrations with all of the most commonly used connection types and web services. Less common applications and services also can be connected to SAP Business One through the cloud integration two-way translation layer.
Some of the popular integrations that are out of the box:
- E-Commerce: ChannelAdvisor, Amazon, Ebay, Hybris (via Data Workbench), Magento, Magento 2.1, Shopify, Volusion, WooCommerce
- Credit cards: Authorize.net, PayFlowPro, CyberSource, USAePay, Stripe
- CRM: SalesForce.com
- Expense: Concur
- Marketing: Marketo, Hubspot
- Configuration: CIS
- Planning: PlanetTogether, AdaptivePlanning
- Portal: Customer Portal, Vendor Portal
- Quality Management System (QMS): MasterControl
- Shipping: iAbol, Pacejet, ShippingEasy, ShipWorks
- Customer service: ZenDesk, Phoenix DAS
- EDI: SPS Commerce, DiCentral
- Tax: Avalara
- WMS: Lisa, Warehouse Mobile Solutions
- 3PL: Multiple 3PL companies
- Point of Sale (POS): NCR, VendHQ, Stripe
- Traffic monitoring: Data Collect
Benefits of Comprehensive Integration
- Seamless business process integration
- Complete connectivity with any system or solution
- Full data synchronization between SAP Business One and other systems
- Centralized data access and management
- Reduced cost from maintaining a single system
- Less duplication and improved data quality by having master data in a single location
- More employee trust in business data
Back to Top^
While SAP Business One meets the needs of most small to mid-market businesses, it isn’t right for all firms. That’s why SAP Business One offers a wide range of industry-specific solutions configured for the unique needs of specific markets.
SAP Business One is highly extensible with more than 250 integration points and a robust software development kit that its network of SAP-certified solution providers have used to craft specific solutions for industry. These industry solutions are built on the same SAP Business One or SAP Business ByDesign platforms used by more than 600,000 businesses worldwide, with special configurations and added functionality.
SAP for Life Sciences helps SMB life sciences firms through each stage of their evolving business by providing cost predictability for pre-revenue, capital intensive clinical trials, scaling and distribution phases, as well as added regulatory, traceability and validation functions required by life sciences firms.
SAP for Life Sciences supports:
- Complex supply-chain visibility, including better track & trace materials & transactions
- Compliance with FDA: CFR 21 Part 11
- Global project management, collaboration and project cost functionality
- Out-of-the box integration to SAP Jam
- Out-of-the box regulatory compliance and quality control functionality
- CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action) support
- Recall management
- Electronic signature support
- Supplier and internal quality audit support
- Plant maintenance support
- Multi-location support: country, company, language, currency, taxes, GAAP and regulations
- Designed for GDPR compliance
Learn more about SAP for Life Sciences.
SAP for Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacturers provides wide integration with suppliers, retail stores and eCommerce solutions, as well as robust serialization and warranty support for businesses that focus on consumer products.
SAP for Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacturers comes with:
- Multi-company, multi-country, multi-language, and currency support
- Seamless EDI and 3PL integration
- One-click integration with all major eCommerce platforms
- Serialization and warranty management
- Robust CRM with marketing and campaign management
- Call center/service desk functionality
- Industry-leading mobile access
- Enhanced analytics powered by SAP HANA
Learn more about SAP for Consumer Packaged Goods.
SAP for Manufacturing is tailored for managing complex supply chains, enabling just-in-time delivery, tracking production, supporting multi-location shipping, connecting with vendors and suppliers through EDI and other manufacturing-specific requirements.
SAP for Manufacturing delivers:
- Improved accuracy, transparency and consistency in cost estimates and calculations
- Shortened quotation cycle and time-to-market
- Increased product margins
- Cost overruns minimization
- Value-at-risk rate improvement
- Flexible manufacturing strategies
- Collaboration across departments
Learn more about SAP for Manufacturing.
SAP for Retail
SAP for Retail helps retail businesses handle complex supply chains, meet omni-channel customer support needs, manage multiple supplier and retail outlets, connect with eCommerce channels and accurately forecast product demand.
SAP for Retail delivers:
- Multi-company, multi-country, multi-language and multi-currency support
- Seamless EDI and 3PL integration
- Serialization and warranty management
- Robust CRM functionality with marketing and campaign management
- Call center and service desk functionality
- Industry-leading mobile access
- Enhanced analytics powered by SAP HANA
Learn more about SAP for Retail.
SAP for Wholesale Distribution
SAP for Wholesale Distribution is tailored for distributors that need to manage supply chains, logistics, warehousing, inventory, eCommerce, promotional pricing, rebate offers and the many other variables that come with the wholesale distribution business.
SAP for Wholesale Distributors helps with:
- Connectivity with internet portals, eCommerce channels and shopping carts
- Forecasting and demand planning
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Quality control for reducing shipping and returns
- Supply chain management
- Accurate quoting and estimating
- Order processing
- Warehouse management
- Landed cost calculations
- Multiple currencies
- Multiple countries
Learn more about SAP for Distribution
Back to Top^
Powered by SAP HANA
SAP Business One Cloud runs on SAP HANA, the industry-leading in-memory computing platform that delivers blazingly fast application performance for processing and analyzing large volumes of data in real-time.
By choosing SAP Business One Cloud, you free your business from the performance issues and hardware maintenance that comes from running on your own IT infrastructure. SAP HANA is simpler, easier and faster than running applications on your own hardware.
Why SAP HANA
- Efficiency. Advanced search capabilities and interactive analysis tools help employees get the data they need without assistance from the IT department.
- Value. A simple, scalable IT solution with the power to drive a Fortune 500 company but a price point SMBs can afford.
- Business Intelligence. A single platform that combines transactions and analytics with pre-build BI applications for greater insight.
- Agility. Real-time business information that is accessible from anywhere to help drive faster decision-making.
The Benefits of Running on SAP HANA
- Real-time data access across your entire organization.
- Ready out of the box, including dashboards and report templates.
- Reduced total cost of ownership by not having to maintain hardware and software.
- Faster responsiveness for sales, production, logistics, accounting and other business functions.
- Quick interactive report generation for better decision-making.
- Simplified IT management from having a single system both for transactional data and analytics.
Perks of the Platform
Sophisticated Available to Promise (ATP). Monitor and reserve ATP in real-time, suggest delivery schedules and control quantity, and easily reschedule when needed.
- Complete Delivery Schedule Management. Check order status and ATP, view alternative items, expedite or reschedule sales orders.
- Reliable Cash Flow Forecasting. Get real-time cashflow visibility with advanced forecasting.
- Easy Analytics. Build reports with a drag-and-drop report builder that doesn’t require technical knowledge.
- Faster Dashboard Creation. Design interactive dashboards with point-and-click ease for faster data sharing and deeper analysis.
- Enterprise-Grade Search. Find transactional data quickly with Google-like search capabilities, apply filters, and drill down to specifics while maintaining corporate data security policies.
Back to Top^
Customer and Business Success Stories
Navigator Business Solutions has helped small to mid-market businesses improve operations and drive greater profitability by assisting with more than 500 SAP ERP implementations over the past 20 years.
Here are just a few of the many success stories from companies that have adopted SAP to drive their business.
Back to Top^
Ideal for Subsidiaries, Too
SAP Business One is more than just a complete ERP solution for small and mid-market businesses. It also makes a great choice for large enterprises that are pursuing a multi-tier ERP strategy.
Large enterprises that expand into new markets, open satellite offices and acquire smaller companies often struggle with maintaining and integrating data from these smaller related operations. SAP Business One solves these problems by seamlessly integrating with the SAP software that powers large businesses.
This easy integration gives large enterprises the best of both worlds. SAP Business One enables a two-tier ERP model where large enterprises can preserve their ERP investment and both quickly and affordably integrate operations with a subsidiary or satellite office while still enabling agility and responsiveness at the smaller organization. SAP Business One connects with all SAP solutions that run the ERP Central Component (ECC), allowing coordinated operation and shared processes, applications and data.
Using SAP Business One for subsidiaries and satellite offices delivers the corporate standardization and control needed at large enterprises without the extra cost and integration headaches.
Back To Top^
Implementation, Software, & System Support
SAP Business One is a powerful tool for growing your business. But getting the most from it requires thoughtful planning, smart configuration and a good implementation partner
Good thing you’ve got help every step of the way.
Navigator Business Systems is an SAP-certified Gold Partner and one of the top SAP implementation partners in the world. We have helped small and mid-market companies deploy more than 500 cost-effective, cloud-based SAP solutions over the past 20 years.
Our proven service methodology has been designed for rapid results on SAP Business One implementations from the first day of service engagement onward.
How We Help
- System implementation. On-time, on-budget SAP implementations.
System configuration. Settings and processes for making SAP Business One work for your business.
Software installation. Installation done the right way from the start.
Data migration. Cleaning and transferring data among systems without any surprises.
User and system administration. Adding users with appropriate access rights and managing your company’s ERP system.
Business process consulting. Advising on digital transformation, change management and business processes that get the most from SAP Business One.
Custom application development. Building applications that support your unique business needs.
- Ongoing support services. Solving the problems you can’t solve alone.
More about Navigator’s SAP service offerings.
Back to Top^
Ready for a business transformation?
Contact Navigator Business Solutions at (801) 642-0123 or email@example.com for more information about SAP Business One and how it can help grow your company.
Back to Top^